Q. What library access do I have as a visiting scholar?


Visiting scholars may have library access, depending on how the eCat form is submitted by the department's administrator. With Library Access selected, visiting scholars / researchers may borrow up to five items at a time. It may take up to 48 hours from receipt of this form for the library account to be active.

For access to McDermott Library's electronic journals and databases, the visiting scholar should apply for a Community User account at the Services Desk on the 2nd floor. What is a Community User?

Note: Department administrators must submit an eCat form each semester for the scholar / researcher to remain active in the library's system.

If you experience trouble borrowing from the library, and your department administrator has confirmed that your eCat form is current and Library Access was selected, please contact Access Services at circ@utdallas.edu, or (972) 883-2953.



  • Last Updated Aug 29, 2018
  • Views 1
  • Answered By Matt Young

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us