Q. How can I gain full access to Safari Books?
Safari Books Online contains thousands of electronic books, tutorials and videos on a wide variety of subjects. Current UT Dallas students, faculty and staff may access Safari with the link provided when searching the Library Catalog for a specific title, or by searching / browsing directly within Safari Books.
You will be prompted to enter your UT Dallas email address to gain full access.
It is highly recommended that you do this while on campus the first time you use Safari.
On campus and mobile?
Ensure that you are using the CometNet WiFi network.
Temporarily disable your Virtual Private Network (VPN) if applicable.
Receiving error messages or security warnings?
This is likely related to your browser cache or cookies. Try another Internet browser, or toggle to private / incognito browsing to isolate the problem.
Retrieving incomplete books or videos within Safari?
If you logged in to Safari with your UTD email and seem to have limited previews of all books or videos, it is likely that Safari has not paired your email address to McDermott Library's subscription of the service. Follow the steps below while on campus:
- Log in to Safari with your UT Dallas email address.
- Click the Settings icon in the menu to the left of your Safari page (1)
- From "Your Preferences," toggle to Unsubscribed (2), then click Update Email Preferences (3).
- Go back to the Settings icon and click Sign Out.
- Close the browser tab and try accessing the materials again. Safari will now recognize your email address correctly in the future because it has been established with a UT Dallas IP address.