Q. I'm having trouble connecting to databases.
Off campus users are required to enter a NetID and password to gain access to databases. Virtual Private Networks (VPN) should be temporarily disabled, as they are incompatible with the proxy server used to access library e-resources. UTD's GlobalProtect is one exception that seems to function normally.
For all users, the following troubleshooting steps will typically resolve e-resources connection issues:
- Ensure that you are connected to the CometNet network when using wireless internet. UTDGuest is not a compatible network.
- Errors pertaining to your credentials may indicate an inactive status with UT Dallas, or a simple password issue. Should this occur, reset your password or contact the OIT Help Desk.
- Access e-resources using library-provided links. Navigating from outside sources like Google Scholar will often fail to provide full access.
- Try using a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- Clear your internet history and cache.
- The database may be undergoing routine maintenance. Try again later in the day.
For further assistance, please click the Chat button or call (972) 883-2643.