Q. How do I create and share playlists on Naxos Video Library?
Creating and sharing playlists on Naxos Video Library is a feature available only at faculty and administrator access levels. The default level of access when using the link provided in the Library's databases list is student.
UT Dallas faculty may request a user name and password using one of the contact methods on our Ask a Librarian page. Please note that saved playlists are visible to all UTD users.
Creating and sharing video playlists
1) Go to naxosvideolibrary.com/ and click Log In. Enter the credentials the Library issued to you.
Note: Some on-campus users may automatically be logged in as a student, requiring you to first log out, then enter the faculty credentials.
2) Once you're logged in, click the Playlist tab to create a playlist.
Important: ALL UT Dallas faculty are given the same user name and password! You may see playlists that others have created - please do not delete anything that you did not create. Further, please name your playlists using the following format to help distinguish one from another.
3) With your playlist created, navigate to the first video you would like to add. Below the video, click the Add Video to Playlist button.
4) Now select the playlist from your options. You can specify the Start and End time and name the clip here as well. Pause where you would like to begin and press the Start button to enter that time, then pause where you would like to end and press the Stop button.
Notice the Chapters tab to your far right. This may be useful in helping you jump to a specific act, movement, etc.
5) When you are done adding videos, click Playlists to view your work. Click and drag the icon next to each clip to reorder if needed.
6) When you are ready to share this playlist, click the Show Static Links button at the top of the playlists page and copy the provided url.