How can I avoid having my access to JoVE blocked due to the download limit?
While rare, it is possible to encounter a temporary user block if the 150 megabyte download limit is exceeded while accessing a video database like the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE). The result is a two-hour wait before access can be resumed.
Remember that prohibited use also includes:
- Downloading or printing entire journal issues
- Systematically or programmatically downloading
- Electronically transmitting online content to mailing lists
- Sending online content to electronic bulletin boards
You can limit the occurrence of a download limit block by creating a JoVE profile. Here's how:
1) Go to the Journal of Visual Experiments database.
2) Click "Sign In" in the upper-right corner of the JoVE homepage.
3) In the new box, click "Create an Account."
4) Enter your UT Dallas email address, complete the CAPTCHA and click "Create Account."
5) You can now log in with your UT Dallas email for full access at https://www.jove.com/ if you should ever experience a block while using the Library-provided link to JoVE.
For further assistance, please click the "Chat with Us" button on the Library homepage or call (972) 883-2643.