How do I request Interlibrary Loan?
How to Request Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services
1) Click the green "Interlibrary Loan Login" button to start a request. First time ILL users will be prompted to spend a minute setting up an account.
2) Once you are logged in, click the blue "Create Request" button and choose your request type:
- Choose Article/Chapter to request the full text of an article that you cannot access through the Library, or a PDF scan of a chapter of a book (number of chapters is restricted per copyright limits).
- Choose Book to request books in print.
- Choose Media to request DVDs, CDs, or sheet music.
3) Complete the request form as accurately as possible and click "Submit Request."
4) PDFs will be delivered to your UTD email address and physical materials will be placed on the hold shelf for you to pick up at the Services Desk.
Use the main Requests page in your ILL account to check the status of your requests or to ask for renewals if you need more time with borrowed materials.